Default Can My Neighbor Throw Snow with His Snowblower into My Yard Without My Permission

My question involves real estate located in the State of: New York.

Default Re: Can My Neighbor Throw Snow with His Snowblower into My Yard Without My Permission

I know winter ran late this year but it was in the 60's and 70's in the Northeast today. How much snow can you possibly have left?

Default Re: Can My Neighbor Throw Snow with His Snowblower into My Yard Without My Permission

Where is your neighbor blowing the snow on your property? Is it being blown onto your driveway or walks or just onto the lawn or into the bushes? And why does this bother you?

So if he is creating more work for you, ask him to stop doing it. But if he has nowhere else to blow it to, I suggest you get over it and be neighborly.

I would think the neighbor should blow it onto his OWN property. Might be a little more work (s/he'd have to operate in only one direction) but it can be done.

A fence would help, but may not be feasible.

Quote Quoting Catmad
    View Post
    Might be a little more work (s/he'd have to operate in only one direction) but it can be done.
    So can shoveling your driveway with a tablespoon. It can be done.

He blows his driveway the width of his snowblower into his yard, the rest of the driveway comes into my yard, up against my house and my bushes and into areas that I shovel. I've been neighborly for 20 years but I'm sick of the extra work and inconsiderate behavior. There is no reason to throw snow that far onto my property. I've stayed quiet to keep the peace but I'm being taken advantage of and am sick of it.

Not where I am, high was 45 and it snowed yesterday and last night.

1. Sponsored Links