Default How Soon is an Extension to File a Federal Tax Return Logged Wtih IRS

I need to verify if in fact my deceased father's CPA actually filed an extension with the IRS as she said she would. I have reason to believe she may have a personal grudge against myself, the successor trustee. If I call the IRS with the EIN number, can they look up in their system if the extension was in fact filed. This would have been nearly 3 weeks ago. Would the extension already be in the IRS system? It would likely have been an electronic filing.

Default Re: How Soon is an Extension to File a Federal Tax Return Logged Wtih IRS

Quote Quoting edkrane
    View Post
    I need to verify if in fact my deceased father's CPA actually filed an extension with the IRS as she said she would. I have reason to believe she may have a personal grudge against myself, the successor trustee. If I call the IRS with the EIN number, can they look up in their system if the extension was in fact filed. This would have been nearly 3 weeks ago. Would the extension already be in the IRS system? It would likely have been an electronic filing.
    The extension would have been in the IRS system almost immediately after filing...so 3 weeks is plenty long enough. Yes, you could call the IRS with the EIN number and verify that the extension was filed.

1. Sponsored Links