Default How to Correct an Incorrect IRS Form 9465

I filed my taxes Monday and included a form 9465. But, due to a mistake in my credit report, I wasn't able to look up the exact amount I already owed the IRS until today (because I couldn't prove my identity to the IRS).

I've read that it can cost something like $40-90 to change an installment agreement. Is there any way I can amend it without having to pay a fee if I get it amended before the IRS accepts the incorrect form I submitted?

Default Re: How to Correct an Incorrect Form 9465

Quote Quoting ransomedbyfire
    View Post
    I filed my taxes Monday and included a form 9465. But, due to a mistake in my credit report, I wasn't able to look up the exact amount I already owed the IRS until today (because I couldn't prove my identity to the IRS).

I've read that it can cost something like $40-90 to change an installment agreement. Is there any way I can amend it without having to pay a fee if I get it amended before the IRS accepts the incorrect form I submitted?
    Just for future reference, its better NOT to submit an installment agreement if you are missing information that is important to the installment agreement. Its better to file the request for an installment agreement later rather than trying to change on.

In any case, at this point you really will need to speak with someone at the IRS rather than attempting to submit more paperwork. Give it a couple of weeks to make sure that everything has posted in the system.

Default Re: How to Correct an Incorrect Form 9465

There is a bit of a grace period that you can change the amount within the first few weeks. Wait til you get the acknowledgement letter and then give a call.

1. Sponsored Links