Default Police Running A Speed Trap While Parked At A Stop Sign

Hi, i live in Manitoba Canada.
    Recently i was given a speeding ticket and was kind of concerned about the officer's location of his speedtrap.
    He was parked at a stop sign. My problem was that he was parked at a stop sign clearly breaking the law and then giving me a ticket.
    The other problem was that he was within 30 meters of a rail crossing which i am told is also a no-no for parking in the city of Winnipeg.
    Someone told me that an officer can break these laws in the event of a crime, BUT at the time leading up to the ticket no law was being broken and he was definitely parked with enging off (as i believe is the routine). I understand certain rights are given to police, but in my opinion that would put them above the law in that regard.
    I plan on fighting this ticket but any help would be very much appreciated so i can show them how the officer was breaking the laws they are set to enforce.

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Re: radar trap WHILe parked at a stop sign?

The appropriateness of the manner in which the officer was parked will not affect the validity of the speeding ticket.

1. Sponsored Links