Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can a Government Official Take a Video Camera From a Citizen at a Public Meeting

The police were there with audio and video from the citizen as well as body cams capturing the entire happening.

Default Re: Can a Government Official Take a Video Camera From a Citizen at a Public Meeting

Have you gone to a police officer, reported the issue and requested they investigate or seek charges?

Title 39-2-102 is simply the Aggravated assault law in TN. It is not called either Official Misconduct or Official Oppression.

And I wrote they may well have violated the law or your constitutional rights.

If they already have the camera and you went to get it back and you used force you would be the attacker and THEY would be protected by the SYG law.

Doing what you suggest is pretty much what got OJ in prison.

Title 8 defines Official Misconduct and Title 38 (typo I meant 38-2-102) is very clear about using force to regain property or defend one's, or a third person's, property or person, so I respectfully disagree that cracking the official's jaw while he is trying to take it would mean the citizen meeting attendee committed any crime.

Of course this went to a judicial commissioner since the police refused to arrest the official, or anyone.

TN Code 38-2-102
    Resistance sufficient to prevent the offense may be made by the party about to be injured to prevent an:
    (1) Offense against the party's person; or
    (2) Illegal attempt by force to take or injure property in the party's lawful possession.

Quote Quoting JustANobody
    View Post
    Of course this went to a judicial commissioner since the police refused to arrest the official, or anyone.
    Then why are you asking us if a law was broken? You have identified several it might have been. You have reported it to the authorities. If nothing has occurred, there isn't much more for you to do.

Ten relators can proceed if others empowered refuse.

This is TN and you can bet the cronies cover for each other, so, I aver your premise that "there isn't much more for you to do" will have you again, pointing out I am doing what you seem unable to do, answer my questions.

Perhaps none of you here know TCA and I came to the wrong place to ask.

Quote Quoting JustANobody
    View Post
    Ten relators can proceed if others empowered refuse.

This is TN and you can bet the cronies cover for each other, so, I aver your premise that "there isn't much more for you to do" will have you again, pointing out I am doing what you seem unable to do, answer my questions.

Perhaps none of you here know TCA and I came to the wrong place to ask
    Then I suggest you ask for a refund and spend your money to get advice elsewhere. At, say, an attorney's office.

You ask a valid question and then you either change or add weird details whenever you get an answer that doesn't agree with your worldview.

You also misquote member's answers as you just misquoted me. I never wrote that constitutional right were violated. I wrote they may have been.

You aren't a troll because of your original questions you are a troll because of your responses.

it's vary on situation bt most probably they cannot take...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2