Thumbs down When do Disabled Adults Get Support from Social Services

I've never been officially diagnosed with autism. Yet I had support for years. Since I had issues with my older support workers and they don't support me today, I've had nobody else for a long time. The thing is...I have a social worker who moans about how I should use the support, and what little support he did find me, they had zero to do with autism and this one guy I had was just a tit. The place my so-called key worker works in is just up the road from my flat, but even before I moved there, they neglected all my calls. The receptionist told me to leave a message, but no message was ever answered. They never return my calls about anything. In fact, I had to go in one day to find out how to pay for my heating bills, because I'd been in my current flat for 2 months and nobody sent me a letter.

Do you get support workers? If so, how are they around you? Do you like them, or trust them?

I don't like them at all. They are as bad as those social workers. Just unprofessional.

Default Re: When do Disabled Adults Get Support from Social Services

If you believe that you are eligible for assistance from your state or county's social service agency, contact them and see what assistance you are in fact qualified to obtain. If you cannot get somebody to return a phone call, try scheduling an appointment.

If you don't want the help because you don't like social workers, don't ask for it.

Default Re: When do Disabled Adults Get Support from Social Services

Are you within the US? While not conclusive, the term “flat” when referring to housing is quite typical in Great Britain but not so common in the US.

1. Sponsored Links