Default False Accusations of Misconduct With Minors Made by an Ex-Girlfriend

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Hey guys I am moving away for medical school and I wanted to break up with my girlfriend for a multitude of reasons. I went to tell her and let us just say she didn't take it very well. She is very possessive and clingy and now I learn she is abusive as well.

I am 25, she is 23. I learn today from her that she did something crazy. She reported my name to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to "get back at me". I never did anything wrong in my entire life. She told me for evidence she submitted screenshots of the sexting chats that I had with her in the past, but of course she cut off the names of who was involved in the chat, saying in the report that she found me sending messages to minors. I mean, what am I supposed to do in this situation?

I never knew she had this nut-job side to her. What she is doing to me is abusive and considered blackmail right? I have never done anything wrong once again. I feel like I made a mistake, however, because while I broke up with her two months ago I just got a new phone last week. Thus, I don't have any evidence of the chats I had with her. And everything she told me about reporting me was via a phone call so I don't have hard evidence of that either. Will I get arrested for a disgusting lie?

Default Re: Psycho Ex-Girlfriend

Don't worry about it until the police show up. They likely never will because she probably didn't report it to the NCMEC. They would have told her to contact local PD.

1. Sponsored Links