Default What do you think of this shoplifting site?

Okay, sometimes I questions that can be repetetive...but this time it's different. I'm not sure if you have come across this before.

http://www.shopliftingprevention.org/main.asp

Click on the "self-help and support" portion. First of all, it seems pretty legit. Is it?

Last May, I shoplifted. Basically, I freaked out...and ended up going to that site. I scheduled two one hour phone calls and talked to the guy...it sort of helped I guess. So I sort of did a self-assessment and got "help" over the phone.

Anyway...

If I do eventually receive a court date (it's been about 11 months since they told me I would receive one), do you think mentioning this would help? The guy on the phone sent me an email to print out saying I used his services. I have not attempted to shoplift since that incident. My record is still completely clean.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: What do you think of this shoplifting site?

Yes its legit in fact I chat on and off with a perosn from NASP

Ooo, would you mind letting me know which one? I'm just curious as to whether it was the person I talked to. Is it P.B (for privacy, I'll only use initials) ?

panther10758 Guest

Barbara Staib

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    Barbara Staib
    Okay, for the second part of the question...do you think this will help me in court?

panther10758 Guest

Depends on what you want form them but without a court date they are gonna tell you you home free already

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    Depends on what you want form them but without a court date they are gonna tell you you home free already
    I already did the phone assessment 11 months ago. They didn't tell me to "go home." They just helped me identify triggers, talk about alternatives etc. They were helpful.

I am wondering if having completed this would help me in court.

panther10758 Guest

If its your first offense not likely penalties on first offense are minor. Look into diversion.

Hi Ohiogirl -

Did you have to pay for the 2 one hour sessions?

You may want to try telling the Prosecutor, or if you have appointed a lawyer you can ask him to communicate that to the Prosecutor or Judge. I think that might have a favorable effect on your case.

Quote Quoting jenimmi
    View Post
    Hi Ohiogirl -

Did you have to pay for the 2 one hour sessions?

You may want to try telling the Prosecutor, or if you have appointed a lawyer you can ask him to communicate that to the Prosecutor or Judge. I think that might have a favorable effect on your case.
    Yes, I did have to pay. I don't remember how much, but I know it was a lot.

1. Sponsored Links