Default Can Employers Legally Change Your Date of Entry into Union Messing Up Vacation Time

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Illinois

somehow my employer claims my paperwork wasn't sent off to union back in 2015 so they took my 80 hours vacation time away ( I have only been able to recover & be paid for 47 to this date) and are wanting me to just say I started in union lat October. this will stop me from getting the other 33 hours vacation already owed as well as reset my seniority for upcoming vacation time. Finally it would interfere with back paid i am owed since 2015. My supervisor said they have no problem rolling back my start date to 2015 but that the union would for sure come after me for past union dues totaling around $3000. I called the union yesterday & the rep I spoke with said they have me active since 2015 and I should be receiving 2 weeks vacation a year. It sounds like my employer is trying to cheat me out of vacation & backpay to me

Default Re: Can Employers Legally Change Your Date of Entry into Union Messing Up Vacation Ti

Nobody is going to be able to straighten this out without reviewing your application to the union, knowing how it was processed, and reviewing the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.

Talk to your union rep.

1. Sponsored Links