Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Overturn False Psychiatric Diagnosis

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Ohio

I recently reported my family for domestic violence. The police did nothing about the situation and pretty much told me I had no rights because it was my father’s property. Several months later, the police showed up with a court order (obtained through an affidavit filed by my father) to have me involuntarily committed to a psychiatric institution where I was falsely diagnosed with “paranoid schizophrenia.”

The discharge papers read: “PT paranoid, delusional: states parents are kidnapping him and violating his right to work” and “client was referred… for reported persecutory delusions and paranoia… he believed family kidnapped him.”

At the hospital I was held for 22 days and forced to ingest harmful anti-psychotic drugs.

I recently sent an email to the DOJ with voice recordings of my older brother beating me down, threatening me, and forcibly transporting and restraining me in violation of abduction and kidnapping law. The recordings prove that I am not delusional, that I was really being victimized.

This hospital trashed my reputation to discredit me as a victim. What can be done about this? I want to sue and have the diagnosis overturned…

Default Re: How to Overturn False Psychiatric Diagnosis

You can exercise your rights under HIPAA to seek correction of an alleged error, and to have the records include a statement that disagrees with any denial. The fact that you believe the diagnosis is incorrect, however, does not mean that it was in fact incorrect, nor does it mean that it was not an appropriate diagnosis for your treatment team to make given your symptoms at the time of diagnosis.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You can exercise your rights under HIPAA to seek correction of an alleged error, and to have the records include a statement that disagrees with any denial. The fact that you believe the diagnosis is incorrect, however, does not mean that it was in fact incorrect, nor does it mean that it was not an appropriate diagnosis for your treatment team to make given your symptoms at the time of diagnosis.
    Thank you for your reply. I can prove they knowingly did wrong. The proof is clear as day. This evidence is so clear and convincing its like the shrink sitting there watching me get clobbered by the offender and having him gaslight me outright accusing me of being paranoid and delusional, just like my mother and father did as they witnessed me being assaulted.

Honestly, the shrink that diagnosed me is a moron. If you want to rule some one as delusional you have to first prove the belief is false, unless it is so fantastical as to be patently false on its surface (e.g., 'aliens have abducted me'). Mere domestic violence allegations are not extraordinary or fantastical, and therefore would need to first be proven false first by a fair and impartial arbitrator before a case for delusion could be made. The shrinks delusional. He needs to be thrown in an asylum.

The shrink was working for the police, because my older brother the domestic violence offender were also working for the police (and I clearly prove these allegations as well). This was a retaliation situation. Through the apparent "community policing program" the animals at the local police station 'stretched their ties to the community' and recruited my family into campaign to take a billy club to a victim of major institutional sexual harassment and sexual abuse. I'm working on my letters to congress...

If you believe that you can prove a false diagnosis and, as a consequence, that you were wrongly hospitalized, take your medical records to a medical malpractice lawyer in your state for review.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If you believe that you can prove a false diagnosis and, as a consequence, that you were wrongly hospitalized, take your medical records to a medical malpractice lawyer in your state for review.
    Great-- thanks. Yes I believe I could sue for defamation, assault and battery, false imprisonment, intimidation, IIED, conversion, fraud, trafficking in persons (complicity), and more. I also have cause for punitive damages. I expect these criminals to pay up.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

You know, I've been institutionalized. I was there from months. I recall that all patients who had the more profound mental illnesses such as paranoid schizophrenia, borderline personality disorders and the like all said similar things: They were sane and could prove that the doctor was lying and that they were the victim of some variety of conspiracy. Oddly, prisons are full of inmates who decry their innocence.

The falsity of the you claims of domestic violence would not have to proven before an impartial party, your claims can be completely ignored if you appear to not be competent, which you may not. I can't tell simply by your writing but like so many others with an axe to grind it's very self-serving.

You claim that the police were retaliating against you because they are in cahoots with your brother. Alas, that is a claim that you'll have to prove and it's a tough one. Sitting where I am, I'd be disinclined to buy this claim because my good friend Occam tells me that the simplest solution to a problem is usually the correct one. What you're telling me is that a large number of people (the price department, as a whole, and the community policing program) are prosecuting a grudge against you and doing so secretly or that the scenario that you're explaining is shall we say, far fetched and improbable? I'm going with the latter.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Your age?

Be prepared for no attorney to take the case. Are you currently seeing a psychiatrist ? If not, you need to start seeing one regularly.

My age is 33.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Be prepared for no attorney to take the case. Are you currently seeing a psychiatrist ? If not, you need to start seeing one regularly.
    Mercy&Grace: Why would no attorney take the case? It seems cut and dry to me. Any shrink that thinks the abuse is a delusion when I have video and audio recordings of me getting clobbered by this guy and being threatened over and over again is obviously out of his gourd?

Why would I need to see a shrink regularly either? What factual basis do you have for alleging me to be of unsound mind? My allegation is that I was falsely diagnosed so that can't count, and you need to consider the possibility that my allegations is true. Remember you are the one who is not citing facts to support your claims -- I am.

Remember that when a complaint is submitted to the courts, all allegations must be presumed true, and so long as sufficient factual matter is presented in support of the allegations the case can proceed to discovery and trial. Factual matter has been presented here. I told you in concrete detail that I sent these recordings to the DOJ. I also sent the paper work citing the basis for the allegations, which were the shrinks allegations that my abuse was all a delusion. You can probably assume I'm telling the truth. From the facts presented this is an obvious case of misconduct. Sorry, but we can't snap our fingers, and call in a corrupt shrink to wave a magic wand that let's us get away with murder...

It's your perceptions that are being called into question. Not your facts.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast