Question Music Related Query Related to Rights of Users

A music composer has composed a music for a movie in which B, has contributed
    the lyrics and C has sung it. D manages the orchestra for that particular song.
    Discuss the rights of the
    (a) composer,
    (b) lyricst,
    (c) singer,
    (d)orchestra manager,
    (e) producer of the film.
    The same song was adapted and put in a music album.
    Discuss the rights of those artists also.

Default Re: Music Related Query related to rights of Users

What have you found so far in researching this homework problem?

I'm betting this is one of the first attempts to research. I am also willing to bet any other research involved typing the same query as a post at other legal advice sites.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

rumminbugga; why don;t you tell us what you think? Maybe you will get some direction after somebody sees you did some work on your own.

this is just for the purpose of understanding the concept much easily.
    Basically its an assignment Question.
    And i am in big confussion.

ok, here you go.

every persons interest is controlled by whatever contract they signed when becoming involved with the situation.

one can be a copyright holder by virtue of the creation of a work of art but they can also assign any rights to another entity, which would be included in any contractual relationship they have with another. When working for another, it is not uncommon for those rights to be assigned to the employer.

In the sitation you provided, there would almost assuredly be contracts to control the rights of any works of art. Without those contracts, it is impossible to determine what rights are held by what entity.

I bet that wasn;t what you were looking for nor was it what you expected, was it?

Yes itís not exactly what I was looking for.
    Let me be very clear, I want to what are the rights of each and every person as the work is jointly done by all the persons.
    Definitely there will be some contract among them, as the last person there is the producer of the film, definitely all the other artists will be in some contract with him.
    But its not about the Ownership, its about the rights. As since they have contributed some work there will be some basic rights which will be involved in that work.
    I just want to know that.
    And then the same work is used by someone else. So what can be the issue there?
    As the work is copyright protected .Then what will happen to the rights of each and every artist.

Default Re: Music Related Query Related to Rights of Users

the rights are all about ownership. The rights are a commodity that can be bought and sold.

given your situation, there is either going to be a contract assigning the rights or there is going to be a lawsuit seeking that.

Your situation has too many variables to be able to tell you that (X) owns 1/2 and (Y) owns 1/3 and (Z) doesn't own squat.

Who hired who and what were the agreements involved is so critical to this situation that without that, there is no way to say who owns what. They are all too inter-related to be able to seperate and define ownership.

Rights are an inherent part of being the artist if there is no relationship (such as an employer) involved. If you employ somebody to write a song, it could be either parties rights to the rights all depending upon that employment relationship.

So the easy answer to you question is; there is no easy answer.

1. Sponsored Links