Question How Long Does a Parking Ticket Stay Valid

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: ca

I submitted an appeal for a parking ticket online 4 months ago, i still haven't received any response. I called them, and they said that they have a backlog. I want to know how long does a parking ticket stay valid? Will they dismiss the ticket automatically if the response of the appeal is unreasonably long? Next step is probably appeal in court if online appeal is denied. I heard something about everybody deserve a speedy trial.

Default Re: How Long Does a Parking Ticket Stay Valid

Parking cites are civil matters. That being said, while I don't have the regs in front of me (it's been nearly two and a half years since I was engaged in hearing parking cite appeals), I believe it has to be resolved within one year, though, that may have been policy and not state law.

The good news is that it sounds as if they are aware of the delay and have not yet reported the parking cite to the DMV for a lien, or, sent it to collections. I would recommend you stay on them, and make sure that they are aware of any change of address - AND let the DMV know if your address should change as well.

What was the parking citation for? What is your argument against it?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

It's for blocking traffic when parked. My argument is that the cop didn't fill in the ticket completely, he missed one item.

Quote Quoting highrollers
    View Post
    It's for blocking traffic when parked. My argument is that the cop didn't fill in the ticket completely, he missed one item.
    What item did he miss? This is important, because most the spaces on the parking cite are not required for the cite to be valid. Unless he failed to complete one of the REQUIRED sections, your appeal to the agency or jurisdiction will almost certainly be denied and any appeal to the court will result in your paying the $50 (or so) administrative court fee when you lose.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

He forgot to circle one of the 4 prefixes that goes before the ticket number.

Quote Quoting highrollers
    View Post
    He forgot to circle one of the 4 prefixes that goes before the ticket number.
    One of the "prefixes"? What are those prefixes?

Here are the requirements as set for in VC 40202(a):

(a) If a vehicle is unattended during the time of the violation, the peace officer or person authorized to enforce parking laws and regulations shall securely attach to the vehicle a notice of parking violation setting forth the violation, including reference to the section of this code or of the Public Resources Code, the local ordinance, or the federal statute or regulation so violated; the date; the approximate time thereof; the location where the violation occurred; a statement printed on the notice indicating that the date of payment is required to be made not later than 21 calendar days from the date of citation issuance; and the procedure for the registered owner, lessee, or rentee to deposit the parking penalty or, pursuant to Section 40215, contest the citation. The notice of parking violation shall also set forth the vehicle license number and registration expiration date if they are visible, the last four digits of the vehicle identification number, if that number is readable through the windshield, the color of the vehicle, and, if possible, the make of the vehicle. The notice of parking violation, or copy thereof, shall be considered a record kept in the ordinary course of business of the issuing agency and the processing agency and shall be prima facie evidence of the facts contained therein.

Any other items are superfluous and unnecessary, and will probably result in any challenge being denied.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links