Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: What to Do if You Didn't Report a New Job and Received an Unemployment Overpaymen

At risk of tiresomely repeating myself, set up a payment plan. DO NOT overpromise yourself. Be sure to set up something you will find reasonable and be able to keep up with. You could pay your attorney to look at this, but what would it accomplish? They are doing it just like they do it. You were overpaid. They want their money back with penalties. Make a good faith effort to give them back their money. End of issue.

Default Re: What to Do if You Didn't Report a New Job and Received an Unemployment Overpaymen

Did they mention anything in the Letter of Determination about repayment?

Yes they showed the Amount to repay with penalties and the forfeit days. They gave a number to set up a payment plan also. I am note sure I understand your question PayrolGuy.

[QUOTE=Vime75;1068665]Yes they showed the Amount to repay with penalties and the forfeit days. They gave a number to set up a payment plan also. QUOTE]

The payment plan is negotiable, be very frank with them about your legitimate financial situation (don't lie, don't "poor mouth," remember, any information you provide about how much you make, how much you report in taxes, etc., they can certainly verify if they need to) but let them know your situation and how much you can reasonably expect to repay in regular increments.

Quote Quoting Vime75
    View Post
    Yes they showed the Amount to repay with penalties and the forfeit days. They gave a number to set up a payment plan also. I am note sure I understand your question PayrolGuy.
    You answered it perfectly. Had your answer been different I would have had suggestion.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5