Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Stressed Out Over Unemployment Overpayment - Please Help

Yes, you've made your position quite clear, chyvan. I stand by my description - you are going out of your way to convince this poster that she's going to be prosecuted and jailed (yes, I agree, you did not use the words, You're going to go to jail, but you've nonetheless made your position clear) when there is nothing, even in the article you're hanging your hat on, even remotely suggesting that prosecution is likely in the fact pattern we have here.

All based on "facts" that you're making up out of whole cloth.

And that is despicable.

Stop freaking out. The people they prosecute WANTED to defraud UI.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    (yes, I agree, you did not use the words, You're going to go to jail, but you've nonetheless made your position clear)
    Look at the table I posted. None of those people got jail. They got probation with community service at worst. So, if you think my position was "she was going to jail" even though I never said it, that was never my position. My position is that she could get prosecuted, and it's more likely now, than in the past.

https://patch.com/new-york/peekskill...-benefit-fraud

Based on the dollar values by year, it's a minimum of three times more likely. If you did further analysis on the number of claims there were to work with by year, the number would be higher.

Okay.

Show me hard numbers on the number of people who self-reported and arranged payment plans and who still got prosecuted.

Or else show me EVIDENCE that the OP lied about what happened.

Or else shut your face.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Or else shut your face.
    You're the one making claim, so you back it up. I backed up my claims.

No, you haven't. You've provided an article that is essentially a long list of quotes about how well NY is doing at cracking down on fraud, but falls a bit short on statistics as to how the frauds are discovered.

You're claiming that there's a likelihood of prosecution even though the OP self-reported and even though, before she ever posted, she was in the process of setting up a payment plan. Nothing in the article you've posted supports that. So, support it. Or else stop deliberately scaring the posters to make yourself feel big.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    No, you haven't. You've provided an article that is essentially a long list of quotes about how well NY is doing at cracking down on fraud, but falls a bit short on statistics as to how the frauds are discovered.
    No, I posted an article that showed that dollar amounts of prosecuted fraud were three times higher by year than in the past.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    the OP self-reported
    I dispute this. The post is written poorly enough that I think she called AFTER she knew something was up.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    she was in the process of setting up a payment plan.
    That didn't help Nance, and it didn't help those other people on my state's list.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Nothing in the article you've posted supports that. So, support it.
    I don't need to support it. I only need to support that prosecutions are up. That people that wouldn't have been prosecuted in the past are now being prosecuted.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Or else stop deliberately scaring the posters to make yourself feel big.
    This doesn't make me feel anything, but really bad that she got bad advice from a neighbor and followed it, and is in a bad place right now. This is not something to be taken lightly. She can ask her attorney, and I'm pretty sure the attorney will know exactly how to find out what are the characteristics of the current UI fraud prosecutions in her county. If he thinks there is a possibility, then he will be able assist her in not having her own words used against her.

Your assessment of the poster's writing ability is not evidence of anything. You're calling the poster a liar with no valid grounds to do so.

Default Re: What to Do if You Didn't Report a New Job and Received an Unemployment Overpaymen

Quote Quoting Vime75
    View Post
    I was laid off in May of 2017 and found a job in July 2017. At the time I was laid off I thought I was going to find a job right away and when I did not i filed for unemployment. I took some really bad advise from my neighbor and said that since I did not apply right away I could continue to collect for the time I waited which was about 2 or 3 months.
    From her own story, She probably collected until September, 2017 to make up for what she lost from the time of her job loss. So now, after 6 months she realizes that what she did was wrong, and it just happens to coincide with her employer being contacted and her employer letting her know.

You're basing the "self reporting," off
    Quote Quoting Vime75
    View Post
    I had already contact unemployment to try to set up a payment plan to correct the problem.
    This doesn't say she self reported. Only that she tried to set up a payment plan, and most likely AFTER she knew she was in hot water.

cbg, you can think what you want, and I'll think what I want.

Had the posting said, "in September, 2017 (or any time prior to now), I really started to think differently about what I did . . . " then I'd see it differently.

Default Re: What to Do if You Didn't Report a New Job and Received an Unemployment Overpaymen

Luckily for the OP, your accusations are not evidence.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast