Default Is Contact by a Third Party a Violation of a Restraining Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: michigan I had a boyfriend hold me at gun point for five hours and beat up on me, he is ordered by the courts to not have anything to do with me. He also has an ex girlfriend that has domestic violence charges against him but it has come to light she's still very much in contact with him, and was lying to keep talking to me to give him information. Is there anything illegal about this?

Default Re: Third Party

There's nothing illegal about her talking to you if she's not named in the restraining order.

If you don't like her talking to you, then don't talk to her.

Block her calls, texts, and emails.

Seems simple enough so what's the problem?

Default Re: Is Contact by a Third Party a Violation of a Restraining Order

Contact by a third party can be a violation if it is directed by the restrained party. But if a third party takes it upon herself to talk to you and then pass information that you voluntarily share along to the restrained party, that of itself is not a violation.

1. Sponsored Links