Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Child Missing Excessive Amounts of School and Failing After Divorce

Ok, I thought that might have been the case, hence my reason for asking. I will provide her the dates.

Any comments about the child support amounts? I really doubt that she will just sign everything and be done with it since the child support I pay her accounts for 70% of her income, but I am hoping there is a slight chance.

Thank you.

You can waive her paying child support if you want. But the fact that the child support she gets from you is 70% of her income probably means she wouldn't end up paying you much in child support anyway.

It would not be significant to me, but it would be to her. She gets $900 per month for disability. The standard would be $180 plus $20 for health insurance.

Some medical professionals believe ADHD/ADD could be symptomatic of a sleep disorder. You might want to discuss this with her pediatrician.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Some medical professionals believe ADHD/ADD could be symptomatic of a sleep disorder. You might want to discuss this with her pediatrician.
    This can be the case. It can also be the cause of learning disabilities and psychological problems. Depending on the type of sleep disorder, it can have serious long term health consequences including blood cancer due to lack of oxygen during sleep. I have a child with all of these due to a sleep disordered identified only as an adult when he was diagnosed with cancer resulting from the sleep disorder.

So I had her served, scheduled a date and went in this morning. The judge that was supposed to hear the case was out on a 2 week vacation so I was redirected to a different court. The judge told me that my ex had hired an attorney and they filed an answer instead of showing up to court. The answer document (Motion to Deny Relief in suit to modify parent-child relationship) basically said that it has not been a year since the last modification, I did not provide any evidence that my daughter was in danger and the case will be closed. They are also demanding I pay her attorney fees. Her attorney sent me a bill last week for several thousand dollars.

The problem is that it has been 18 months since the last modification and I do have evidence that she is in danger, even though I do not believe it is required according to what I have read.

Her attorney also signed an affidavit that I was served the answer file, however I never was.

So for my next steps, do I need to file an answer file back, or contact her attorney to schedule a hearing?

I did some homework today and it looks like my next step is to file a "PLANTIFF’S REPLY TO MOTION TO DENY RELIEF IN SUIT TO MODIFY PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIP". In this, I am stating that it has been over 1 year sicne the original and latest rendition of the order that is being modified. I am also stating that "The child" is in physical danger due to the cut marks on her arm and her educational well being is in jeopardy due to excessive absences from school.
    I am finally requesting the court to dismiss the respondents request to deny the motion and to deny the request for attorney's fees, costs, etc.

Does this sound correct? I need to get this submitted asap. They filed an answer 19 days ago so I only have 2 days left to respond.

I also learned that her attorney filed "E-Service" on me, however he typed a wrong email address when he did.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    My preference would be to treat the cause, rather than the symptoms, however her mother refuses to do anything except drug her to calm her down. I have had a medical professional look at the doses she currently takes and they are all considered very high for a child of her age and weight,

The medical professionals opinion will not carry weight coming from you. Is this medical professional a doctor that treats your daughters conditions? It is not unusual for doctors to not agree on dosages. These are doctors that have read the medical records and examined the child.

No, it is a family member who works with children with similar issues, so I am aware it will hold no weight in court and I would not try to use it there. My primary concern is gaining the right for primary residence at this point. Until that is done, there is really not much I can do about her meds as her mother will change them as soon as my daughter goes back to her house. Once that is done, I can tackle the issue of what I believe to be incorrectly dosing her.

So they filed an answer and a motion to deny relief. I filed an answer. Do I also need to file a motion to dismiss the motion to deny relief? I wouldn't think so, but I want to make sure.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3