Default How to Sue Over Harrassment by the Police

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Michigan, Washtenaw County.

i have been Harassed for a few years at work home and public. i just talked to a lawyers office in wayne county and the investigator told me only two years to an event and most likely. my charges would be hard to prove ? federal law two to take action on a city government official ? is this true ?

Default Re: Harrassment by Police

Describe the nature of the harassment.

Default Re: Harrassment by Police

Quote Quoting mrjahvi
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: i Michigan washtenaw county
    i have been Harassed for a few years at work home and public. i just talked to a lawyers office in wayne county and the investigator told me only two years to an event and most likely. my charges would be hard to prove ? federal law two to take action on a city government official ? is this true ?
    Your questions don’t make a lot of sense. You might want to try explaining things a bit more. What kind of things did the police do that you think is “harassment”? What was the reason that you came to the attention of the cops in the first place? Exactly how long ago was this alleged harassment? What damages (i.e. financial loss, etc) did you suffer from it? And what evidence do you have to prove it?

None of us here has anywhere near the information needed to know if you might have some good cause of action against the police and certainly no one here can second guess what the lawyer you consulted told you. If that lawyer told you that you didn’t have a very strong case or that the statute of limitations had expired then do you have any reason to believe the lawyer didn’t know what he or she was talking about?

Default Re: How to Sue Over Harrassment by the Police

the company i worked for harassed me til i quit. the police used the back parking lot as a assembling point before police raids. ok once ibsropped working there then my apartment complex started picking at me and bringing up the fact i lost my job. the neighbor up under me started then the one to the left of me. i called the landlord and his wife told me he had problems of his own and not ther concern. ok from them two neighbors it escalated to the majority of neighbors to across the street. and this went on from at the time feb or march to about September November. yelling out the window my name full name and describes how ow i look and when i leave my apt. the yelling lasted about a month then they started making broadcast. so now people i don't know riding up askingy neighbors do i live here. and they laughed yes pointing to my apartment. so now i got other people picking at me thay i dont know. so about August the neighbor just below me and and him get in a fight. some guy that is supposed be a construction worker pulled in parking lot and called police. the police come talking about i should not be fighting him and laughing your in the process of be put out.. lol you didnt know. ok the county jail is full one cop says so no need to take me in. but they do anyway.

soon as i get in there there the broadcast they been playing there playing in city jail and they laughing and smirking and picking at me while booking me making of my looks. so a friend came to get out they laughed at her and do you really want to come get this guy out. they let me out. now all this at didn't stop so i end up moving with my friend in a new apartment across town. the broad cast kept coming too. the police would come in the apartment without a warrant. they came in one time while i was there also describing me b b neighors there. one time the police yelled we know you in there! now they yelled my full name. went a ford company testing where i was met with people i knew from my community and the others testers the people who know started laughing at me and pointing. while in the testing room everyone's chanting my full name and also all the stuff broadcasted about me.? the instructor tells everyone to be quite nut then plays the broadcast the room do the test. now this room filled with 400 plus people. later on that evening the broadcast tell everyone where i went that day. that was common where i went when was reported people was encouraged to pick or fight me because i would mot fight back. while all this was going on one of the cops i had run ins past with he approached my son stating he was familiar with me my mom. the state cops was also picking at my son from what his mother says. that was going and did not know an out it to much later on. no i moved from my friends place and got my own. the broadcast came that the city police had a drug warrant for my arrest. laughing i done f'd up now. all that winter the heat to the apartment was cut off. police drive by me looking me dead the face laughing. they didn't have a drug warrant on me at the time but did have one for the fight in Agust of that year.

I was on my third job at point from all the harresment. they did a record check for me to work at a county building. that when i found out assult and battery warrant was out. i turn myself in the prosecutor told me no pleas just pled guilty and it would be up to the judge. now there was guy there for the same thing to he got an offer probation. he lauhhed at me and said they must dont like to not get probation. i had brown as my lawyer but he just looked at my like was mad at me. ther was a white guy who worked with me but kept pointing out my wrong part the fight and never once told me my rights. he would called to information from me but never had a strategy or no real defense. two court dates in i was not given my preliminary to see if this case should proceed and other defendants on other case was yelling my name once the court room call me a b*h and that iwas going back to jail for a drug warrant. so i told my public defener let's take it to trail. my public defender called every couple of days to get info on who was going to testify on my behave, i had 5 or more witnesses against me. my friend was supposed to come testify how i never started the situation that i was started by the neighbors. on the t street everyone saying don't go court your going jail. so court day no one that mmade a report on me the guy i fought or the arresting officer showed up. the judge reluctantly dismissed the case. the court recorder my a remark is he going back to jail. there is more to write but i dont feel writing more.

Based on your verbal and cognitive ability you will need a lawyer to draft your complaint for you. What you have is a deprivation of rights under color of claim and a possible conspiracy against rights claim against a number of John Doe's at the local police station and possibly the FBI (be sure to use the civil equivalents of these criminal statutes). You can include the relevant torts alongside the civil rights claims. You will need to cite plain and clear facts that suggest that every bit of harassment you suffered can be attributed to the John Doe's (or named defendants, if known) at the law enforcement agency you are suing. Evidence can include circumstantial evidence, e.g., I made a report, and soon after my life turned to shambles, etc. The police often show a particular modus operandi in their harassment, and will often try to build extortion into the harassment or claim it is an investigation to deter you from reporting. Often the perpetrators of the harassment may make suggestive statements, indicating they are taking orders from someone, or someone may approach you and say an official action was taken to violate your rights.

honestly, I can't understand most of this nor read it.

In the end WHY do you think you are being harassed? (gender, race, religion, etc)?

Your employer harassed you how until you quit? Your landlord knowing you lost your job is going to ask about how you expect to pay rent -- that's not harassment.

You got into a fight and the police were called - that happens and isn't harassment. At some point you ended up with a warrant that kept you from getting a job. Again, not illegal.

You got laughed at during a testing appointment? What exactly is a "broadcast"?

Honestly the commonality in all of this is you. It's hard to believe that everyone from employers to neighbors to cops to well everyone is conspiring against you..
    I can't go even beyond there in your posting.

At least the poster above me was nice enough to type out some type of legal response. But in the end it's going to depend on facts that you are going to have to be able to clearly articulate and prove. Citing a bunch of different things that may not relate to each other doesn't help.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

I'm curious about this broadcasting that you keep referring to. Are you under the impression that there is some super-secret signal that is sent out to others so that they know all about you? Is that what you're trying to get across? I ask because this complaint has come up before in very similar sounding complaints on this site, very similar indeed.

That said, your complaint is pretty difficult to understand and it sounds like there are multiple issues at work, not the least of which would be an inability to write in a clear and concise manner leaving us a great deal of guess work to sort this all out.You're also left with trying to convince anyone in the legal system that there is a conspiracy being perpetrated against you. Why would they waste their time and resources just to go after you? This will just make you sound like a severely mentally ill person who needs psychiatrist treatment.

As to the testing and the employment stuff: your background check and assault conviction will take you out of the running for many jobs and if you couple that with this weird "world is out to get me" routine you'll be considered untouchable.

Clearly, this information is contained in the broadcast, right?
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links