Default Waiver of Temporary Alimony

My question involves a marriage in the state of:Massachusetts .

My previous posts are about vacate order and giving my wife check in court that day that she does not know about yet as I don’t want her to know anything ahead of court date. She does know from her attorney that there is a buyout refinance currently in the works.

I overheard her discussing to a friend that in an effort to stay in the marital home she is waiving her right to alimony at this time! I heard her say that her lawyer has not answered her back. Like I said before her lawyer has told her twice that she would drop her case if she continues to be defiant as her antics will hurt her case. The judge in this case is a woman and she will definitely think my wife is nuts.

Like I said she is in it to win it and ruin my credibility with all kinds of false accusations. What is your opinion on her plan to waive alimony until this divorce gets a trial and how the judge will interpret that? My wife is definitely narcissistic and twists everything around. Verbally and emotionally abusive. I just want the vacate order to go through that day.

Default Re: Waiver of Temporary Alimony

Waiver of temporary alimony when offered by the other spouse is to say, in effect, "I don't need the money". I don't see that a judge will simultaneously buy the argument, "I can't afford to move out" and "I have plenty of money to support myself".

It is not necessarily the case that her acceptance of temporary spousal support will inspire the court to order her to move out, but if the spousal support would enable her to do so and to afford a reasonable alternative place to live, voluntarily rejecting the support undermines any claim that she can't afford to move. It would be a self-inflicted injury.

Default Re: Waiver of Temporary Alimony

Thank you for your valuable opinion.

1. Sponsored Links