Default Parole

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California, All right so I just have a couple questions. I've been doing good and I got a transfer from Kern County to Los Angeles county I was residing at housing and I ended up testing positive on a UA. They spoke to my Parole Officer which they had no business doing even when I asked them not to do so. I could have simply requested a change of address. He called me and told me that they were going to send my transfer back to Bakersfield. So the reason for the housing was so I would have an address to be in LA County. It was not court ordered to be at housing I just did not have an address. Since parole did not test me does that mean I've violated And they can send me back or would they have to test through their agency. Plus I have No ties to Bakersfield what so ever. Also I'm engaged to someone here and I am allowed to live with them? what Do i do?

Default Re: Transfer of County Parole Etc

Quote Quoting New31user
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: California, All right so I just have a couple questions. I've been doing good and I got a transfer from Kern County to Los Angeles county I was residing at housing and I ended up testing positive on a UA. They spoke to my Parole Officer which they had no business doing even when I asked them not to do so. I could have simply requested a change of address. He called me and told me that they were going to send my transfer back to Bakersfield. So the reason for the housing was so I would have an address to be in LA County. It was not court ordered to be at housing I just did not have an address. Since parole did not test me does that mean I've violated And they can send me back or would they have to test through their agency. Plus I have No ties to Bakersfield what so ever. Also I'm engaged to someone here and I am allowed to live with them? what Do i do?
    What you DO is what Parole tells you to do. If you refuse to comply with Parole, then you can be violated. It's your call.

You can always engage an attorney to advocate on your behalf, but, that may not prevent you from being violated.

Since you tested dirty, clearly you are having some problem following the rules while on Parole so I suspect that is why they are seeking your return to Bakersfield. If you were succeeding in Bakersfield, but failed in LA County, then the return is likely considered to be in your best interest. Maybe, if you can show them once more that you CAN thrive and follow the rules, you might be able to transfer to LA County in a few months.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links