Default How to Get Your Rights Restored After a Drug Conviction

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Tennessee.

I have drug charges is it even possible with no other charges to get my rights restored?

Default Re: Rights Restored

Which rights, there are a lot of them? And by charge do you mean conviction? If so were they felony or misdemeanor?

Default Re: Rights Restored

You have to explain just which "drug charge" you had. In some cases, it is impossible to get gun rights restored in your state (and hence you are federally barred as well). In other cases, you may be able to go to court provided to restore them provided you're cleared all the conditions (probation, parole, fines, restitution, etc...) of your conviction.

Default Re: How to Get Your Rights Restored After a Drug Conviction

Gun rights restored schedule 1 sale of ecstasy times two conviction in Tennessee under four years left on probation 10 years total of course I know I have to be off probation first but I want to say if itís a nonviolent crime in Tennessee you can have it expunged if itís the first offense but Iíve also read violent crimes and drug charges are not exempt

Broadly speaking, it may be possible to restore your firearms rights thoruhg a pardon, judicial order, expungement, or set-aside of your conviction. If your offense did not involve drug trafficking, restoration may also be possible through a "certificate of restoration" as authorized by Tenn. Code Sec. 40-29-105. Judicial restoration is not possible for violent crimes or drug crimes. For a felony conviction you need to have your state rights fully restored before you can qualify to own or possess a firearm under federal law.

Thank you so much can you refer me to a good lawyer Mr.Knowitall

That would be beyond the scope of this forum. There is a button on the bar at the top of the page "Lawyers" it can help.

You may also want to look into Certificate of Employability which is TN Code 40-29-107 and Re-enfranchisement.

These two can pretty much be done DIY.

https://circuitclerk.nashville.gov/c...loyability.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sos-tn-gov-...ms/ss-3041.pdf

1. Sponsored Links