Default Ex Threatened to Appeal the Judges Ruling on a Custody and Visitation Case

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Virginia

I am wondering if my ex can file an appeal due to him not showing up to the hearing. The judge dismissed with prejudice due to him not showing. He threatened to appeal and Iím curious to know what his chances are of being approved. I know he isnít going to get what heís asking for, I am just really sick of going round for round with him. If he is to get approved what is the process how long will it take for me to know he did in fact appeal?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Ex Threatened to Appeal the Judges Ruling on Custody/Visitation Case

He may file the appeal. But he has to show the judge made an error of law to succeed. If the problem was that he simply failed to appear and did not have any good cause for it then the judge was certainly within his/her discretion to dismiss the matter and he wouldn’t win on that in an appeal.

Default Re: Ex Threatened to Appeal the Judges Ruling on Custody/Visitation Case

His excuse was his car had broke down but our hearing was scheduled at 9am and we didnít get called until 10:30am. Is that a legitimate reason? I donít feel it is but he swears they will allow it.

1. Sponsored Links