Default Failure to Obey Stop Sign and Reckless Driving After Almost Getting Into an Accident

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Alabama.

I’m on street where there is stop sign and stop 3count I have to across beyond 2way divide traffic as soon as i stop I enter the road Safely and slowly but there’s a car passing that I have almost hit and unluckily that was a police car and he cited me two tickets fail stop sign and reckless driving.

This is my ever first ticket in my life do I need to have an attorney for my upcoming trial date bec the officer said I will see you in court. If am to be guilty then will I stay in jail how much will I pay for this case and pay the fee of my violations I’m very scared pls help

Default Re: Failure to Obey Stop Sign and Reckless Driving After Almost Getting Into an Accid

As you recognize the need for an attorney, contact some lawyers in your area who handle traffic misdemeanor cases, and see what sort of resolutions they believe they may be able to achieve for you.

Default Re: Failure to Obey Stop Sign and Reckless Driving After Almost Getting Into an Accid

Quote Quoting leilai13
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Alabama.

I’m on street where there is stop sign and stop 3count
    It's not the number of seconds you count, it's the traffic coming from either direction that counts.

Quote Quoting leilai13
    View Post
    I enter the road Safely and slowly
    Apparently not.

Quote Quoting leilai13
    View Post

This is my ever first ticket in my life do I need to have an attorney for my upcoming trial date
    I'd say so.

Reckless driving in Alabama is a criminal misdemeanor punishable by 5 to 90 days in jail, fines of $25 to $500, possible license suspension. And then your insurance company takes over, almost assuredly with a cancellation that will drive you into the high risk classification at double or triple the rates you pay now.

You may have to spend a thousand or two on a lawyer who can get you out from under that one but, trust me, you want to avoid that conviction no matter what it costs you for a lawyer.

but Why reckless driving is my ticket since thereís no accident happen could I tell to the judge that if they can lower the severity of my ticket since if we canít avoid accident I did my defensive driving?
    Do u have idea how much for attorney fee
    Do i need to pay everyday or every hour

This is what I remembered I know thatís why I entered the road across because I have the r enough room and suddenly it just happen quickly that the car passing by very fast that I push down slightly my breaks and thatís why the police said you almost hit my car.
    But I know in my life I always cautioned esp I have my kids with me.
    Iím so very nervous canít eat and sleep.

Iím planning right now to be alone in court cause I canít afford to have an attorney
    Would the judge give the verdict right away.
    Iím so sacred very first time in court
    Do you think I have the chance to defend myself even I donít have an attorney.
    So if I canít afford to have my own attorney do they give me an attorney but how is the process I wanna know how will I call the court and ask help before the trial

Quote Quoting leilai13
    View Post
    but Why reckless driving is my ticket since there’s no accident
    There's no point in asking that now.
    Quote Quoting leilai13
    View Post
    I’m so sacred very first time in court
    Do you think I have the chance to defend myself even I don’t have an attorney.
    Not a chance. Do whatever it takes to get a lawyer.

Quote Quoting RandallCS
    View Post
    There's no point in asking that now.
    Not a chance. Do whatever it takes to get a lawyer.
    If I will get my own lawyer is there a big chance to dismiss the case?

Talk to an attorney, give them the facts and they will likely give you a pretty good idea of what they can do for you.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Talk to an attorney, give them the facts and they will likely give you a pretty good idea of what they can do for you.
    Thanks

You are welcome and good luck. Also, drive better.

I drove carefully esp with my kids
    this is my first time ticket just out of luck
    It was a police car whom I encountered.
    Just too scared if they put me in jail
    My kids will be more affected if that happen

1. Sponsored Links