Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post How to Get Removed from a Company's Do Not Hire List

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Kansas

Given one is on DO NOT HIRE LIST, has anyone heard of approaching a company to make amends or offer compensation, financial or in the form of work, to be removed?

Default Re: Do Not Hire List

This has nothing to do with the law. But you are free to try and the employer is free to allow you to be removed but in no way has to remove you from the list.

Edit: BTW any work for free would likely be illegal on the employer's part.

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post

Given one is on DO NOT HIRE LIST, has anyone heard of approaching a company to make amends or offer compensation, financial or in the form of work, to be removed?
    In a country with over 300,000,000 people I'm sure somebody has heard of it.

Is that really what you wanted to ask?

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    ...offer compensation, financial or in the form of work, to be removed?
    Any for-profit company (and also many not-for-profits) that allows someone to work as an employee for free is in violation of the FLSA. While it's perfectly legal for you to offer to work for free, the company is legally obliged to reject such an offer.

You are free to take any action you want to, to persuade the company to remove you from the Do Not Hire list.

However, if you are asking whether there is any action you can take that will require them to remove you from the Do Not Hire list whether they want to or not, there isn't.

Default Re: How to Get Removed from a Company's Do Not Hire List

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post

I was fired once, immediately went to their competition and was hired in an hour... then I got another job and worked thier part time... about 2 years later I went to the old fired job... spoke to my manager. We both apologized to each other and she rehired me on as needed. It can be done. Both parties need to be in a similar frame of mind though. Maybe you can offer to do consulting or contract work if eligible. You will need to convince them that you are not a risky hire... hope that helps

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post

Well, part of your chance of success at this depends greatly on why you ended up on that list to begin with. For example, if you stole from the employer, that's pretty hard to overcome. Very few employers would rehire anyone who stole from them out of concern it would just happen again. Not knowing what got you on that list it's hard to suggest what you might do or whether you realistically might have a shot at getting off that list.

In response to the "Taxing Matter" post. I'd rather not say here in a public forum.

As I answered to start with this isn't a law question. Your former if free to not hire or rehire anyone they choose as long as they don't do it for an illegal reason.

I agree. But this forum offs me the opportunity to reachout to Experts who may ave come across this situation in their practice.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast