Default Can You Sue Your Family's Business for Refusing to Hire You

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Tx, my family owns a company. They have hired all my cousins except myself or brother. I have proof that is dated with a hippa consent form proving that they knew about my disabilities prior to me seeking employment. Do I have a case?

Default Re: Do I Have a Discrimination Case

Without more details there's no way to tell.

Default Re: Do I Have a Discrimination Case

As to your specific question, it is only illegal discrimination if the employer did not hire you only because of your disability. You have to prove that was the reason you were not hired. The fact that all your other cousins were hired doesn’t prove WHY you were not hired. It might be that your family members who make the hiring decision do not like you. Indeed, when it comes to hiring family, assuming you are qualified to do the job, it usually comes down to how good your relationship is with your relatives who are doing the hiring, not what disability you may have. Do you have any evidence that it was your disability and not some other reason that kept you from getting hired? And are you qualified for the job with or without an accommodation?

I note you have quite a history here of looking for people to sue and situations where you seem to want to provoke some kind of legal action. If you are looking for a case that will give you a gravy train to riches, that's not likely going to happen. You do not win money in lawsuit for nothing. Rather, you get compensated for the actual harm (e.g financial losses) you suffered as a result of the wrongful conduct.

1. Sponsored Links