Default How to Get a Birth Certificate for an Adult Who Was Never Issued a Birth Certificate

My question involves public health law in the State of: Wisconsin

My Grandmother was never issued a birth certificate. She was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1926. She does have a baptismal certificate dated in 1926 and a New York State marriage license from the 40's, where she currently lives.
    Is there a way to obtain a birth certificate. We would like to get her one so she can still travel with the domestic restrictions. Someone previously searched for her birth certificate a few years ago and Wisconsin did not have any record.

We are hoping that the baptismal certificate that is 91 years old and a marital license that is 70 years old will help prove she was born here, since no one present at her birth is alive. She also has a SS card and medicare card as well.

Thank you

Default Re: Obtaining Birth Certificate That Was Never Issued

I'd contact the Wisconsin Health Services dept and ask them: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords/contacts.htm

Default Re: How to Get a Birth Certificate for an Adult Who Was Never Issued a Birth Certific

Hello. I have a problem and need help. I was told that I was born at home. When I tried to get a license and could not. My mom went and gave me a delay birth certificate. So I always thought it was good. Long story short my daughter is Is graduating this year and we had planned on getting our passports and I was going to take her on a trip for her graduation. So we filled out our passport information she got her passport back in a week and I got a letter Saying they needed more information like school records hospital certificate. Where I live they don't keep school records past 5 years. Well I started digging around and I found an aunt that I have never met that lives in Indiana. I was talking to her in she said she thought I was born in Indiana. So she went down there and talk to them of the vital health department place and they said I was born in wall bash Indiana. So to make a long story short again I am sending off paperwork to get a person difficult tomorrow morning. I just wanna know how am I supposed to call the government and explain to them that the person typically I've been losing all these years is Is not good. And will this affect my trip with my daughter? Thank you very much for any help that you have on how I can fix this.

Default Re: How to Get a Birth Certificate for an Adult Who Was Never Issued a Birth Certific

Get your paperwork straightened out. If the birth was recorded at all (even delayed) they should be able to give a record. Otherwise, there are specific procedures that can be followed to prove to the State Department that you were born in the US without the birth record, but lets not put the cart before the horse. You don't need to "tell" the government anything, just submit what they are looking for.

The good news is that once you have the paperwork, the State Department is very good at prioritizing things based on the date you say you need to travel. If it's getting very close, you can do various things to expedite. Again, lets not get the cart before the horse.

1. Sponsored Links