Default How to Protect Confidential Information When Using an Overseas Independent Contractor

My question involves independent contractors in the area of: oversees virtual workers

No problems yet. But...
    I've hired an independent Virtual Assistant from the Philippines to help with recruiting tasks here in the US. She is dealing directly with the candidates and clients of the Industry that the company is in. Normally for US workers, we would have non-competes, non-sols, and criminal activity clauses in place. My question is what if, she decides to export all the data and sells it to a competitor or leaves and decides to work for another firm in the same industry. What type of contract needs to be drawn up? Is it enforcable and who would enforce it? Is it worth it to pursue the non-competes and non-sols and criminal activity for a hourly paid worker from another country?

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Oversee Virtual Workers

Quote Quoting scratchstick
    View Post
    My question involves independent contractors in the area of: oversees virtual workers

No problems yet. But...
    I've hired an independent Virtual Assistant from the Philippines to help with recruiting tasks here in the US. She is dealing directly with the candidates and clients of the Industry that the company is in. Normally for US workers, we would have non-competes, non-sols, and criminal activity clauses in place. My question is what if, she decides to export all the data and sells it to a competitor or leaves and decides to work for another firm in the same industry. What type of contract needs to be drawn up? Is it enforcable and who would enforce it? Is it worth it to pursue the non-competes and non-sols and criminal activity for a hourly paid worker from another country?

Thanks guys!
    You'll need to consult a lawyer in the Phillipines about that. One of the problems in hiring a person from outside the U.S. to do remote work for you is that you end up having to deal with the laws of that other country and sue in the courts of that country.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    You'll need to consult a lawyer in the Phillipines about that. One of the problems in hiring a person from outside the U.S. to do remote work for you is that you end up having to deal with the laws of that other country and sue in the courts of that country.
    Agree. Because the IC is in the Philipines, Philipine law applies.

Thanks guys, I'll look into finding a lawyer in the Philippines. Any referrals from this forum?

1. Sponsored Links