Default ATM Deposit Was Not Credited to the Bank Account

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Illinois

First of all, I apologize if Iím posting in the wrong forum. Iím asking a question hoping to help my mother out. She went gambling and won $2000. So when she returned home she went to her bank (which was closed due to it being night) and tried to deposit her cash in her account using the cash station machine. Apparently sheís done this many times before without a problem. (I had suggested she not deposit cash especially large sums into a machine at night.)

Well this night, the machine started flashing after she had deposited her money and didnít give her a receipt or give her her cash back. She tried putting her card back in but it kept flashing and didnít allow her. So she called her banks customer service line on her debit card and explained what was going on. She was pretty frantic by now. She wrote down the name of who she spoke to. He told her not to worry about it - at the end of the night, the machine would be reconciled and the money would be in her account. She said she was taking a picture of the machine flashing red and he said that wasnt necessary. He continued to reassure her but she took a picture of the machine as well as a picture of the location.

Two weeks later (which was last night) they called and told her that they had looked into it and there was nothing wrong with the machine. They said everything reconciled at the end of the night and there were no issues on their side.

Does my mom have any recourse here? Anything she can do?

Default Re: Bank at Fault

These machines record videos of what people are doing. If she really did deposit cash, it will be on the video. Ask them to let her view the video.

Default Re: Bank at Fault

Totally forgot about that. That makes perfect sense thanks.

1. Sponsored Links