Default Hitting a Pedestrian Due to Foggy Car Windows

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: california
    This morning I was taking my daughters to school. My windows were still a bit foggy (from the dew) and the sun was making it a little hard to see. I was at a stop sign and started to ease of my brakes to drive. I saw a lady in the crosswalk last minute. I hit the brakes really fast and I wasn't sure if I hit her. I rolled my window down and asked if she was ok. She was visibly upset. I parked near the sidewalk to get out and check on her asking if she was ok. She just kept walking. I even crossed the street to catch up with her and she just kept walking. I waited for a while cause I wasn't sure if I hit her or came close enough to startle both of us.
    My questions are..
    Since she did not stop and wouldn't stop to talk, should I be concerned about her filing a report?

Should I worry if she took a picture of my license plate, if camaras are around if she wants to file a report to look for me? I don't even know if any of this happened.

I guess I'm just worried and paranoid because this has never happened.

Default Re: Hitting a Pedestrian Due to Foggy Car Windows

If she said she wasn't hurt and walked off without making any further complaint or requesting information from you, odds are nothing more will happen.

Beyond that, only time will tell.

Your friend should come here and post the exact details in a new thread, as well as making sure to indicate the state.

By the way, I had the misfortune of actually striking someone. This youngster ran out into the street ahead of me. I know I clipped his rear foot as he passed in front of me but he kept on running and never heard anything about it.

Next time you and your friend need to wait until your windows are not foggy before driving, even if that means leaving 5 minutes early (to let the vehicle warm up and the defroster to work) Otherwise you risk repeating this episode.

You never said you hit her. She never said you hit her. Is there any damage to your car? Did the police ever contact you? No? File this and move on.
    I'm a cop. My opinion does not reflect the views or opinion of my agency. That being said, "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

1. Sponsored Links