Default Does an rear end accident need to be reported if no damage on either cars occurred?

Bumped the car in front; guy was furious. We pull over; inspect the car. His bumper is in pristine condition...aside from his car being a cheap old car & it having bumper stickers. Took about a dozen pictures. No damage occurred on my car (a higher end car) or his. No police report; no insurance information was exchanged. Can he come after me in the future say if he wants a new bumper, which the pictures clearly show his bumper & mine are both in excellent condition. We exchanged phone numbers, and he left messages saying the quote on fixing his bumper is 800 plus! Insane; I have the pictures to prove nothing was wrong. I think he saw my car; valued it up, wants a new free bumper?? He's contacted his insurance & made a police report?? What now? occurred in CA.

Default Re: Does an rear end accident need to be reported if no damage on either cars occurre

Q: Can he come after me in the future say if he wants a new bumper, which the pictures clearly show his bumper & mine are both in excellent condition.

A: Yes and it sounds like that is what he is fixing to do. A good reason to ALWAYS call the cops when there is an accident.

Q; We exchanged phone numbers, and he left messages saying he's contacted his insurance & made a police report?

A: Be prepared to show the cops and his insurance company your evidence.

Default Re: Does an rear end accident need to be reported if no damage on either cars occurre

I didn't think too b/c 1. the last time I got hit..the Cops said they don't mess with traffic accidents because there's too much other stuff going on in the city; & 2. no damage occurred? So, it looks like I'm safe..thank you for answering

1. Sponsored Links