Default What to Do if a Buyer Doesn't Transfer Title to a Mobile Home

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Missouri. I signed the back of the title of a mobile home I owned. The buyer however I learned has not transferred over the title to her name.

Am I still the owner of that mobile home?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Default Re: Title

Technically you are still the owner according to the Missouri Department of Revenue License Office. If you only signed your name and did not have the buyer fill out the title before you signed, then left the title open for title jumping where the buyer can now sell the mobile home and have it appear that you were the seller. Never sign a title that is not completely filled out.

What is your concern? Did you get paid for the home? Did you and the buyer sign a seperate bill of sale?

Default Re: What to Do if a Buyer Doesn't Transfer Title to a Mobile Home

Quote Quoting Dkozak
    View Post

Thank you for any help you can give.

Did you submit a Notice of Sale form to the DMV?

If not, do so now and keep a copy in your permanent file. If you mail it, get tracking and a delivery confirmation. If you email it, print a copy of the email and attach it to your copy of the form.

Here's the form.

http://dor.mo.gov/forms/5049.pdf

Default Re: What to Do if a Buyer Doesn't Transfer Title to a Mobile Home

Regardless of the fact you would still be the registered owner with the state, you are not the legal owner as you have relinquished your ownership rights when you endorsed and delivered the title to another party.

The important question though is why are you asking.

1. Sponsored Links