Default Green Card Holder with a Notice to Appear Due to a Criminal History

Any advice will be much appreciated. I have been a green card holder for the past 10 years. Before I got my GC I was on a F2 visa for 10 years. My GC expires in March 2018. I have 3 misdemeanors on my record, one of them is a M4- Unauthorized use. Upon traveling recently I was given a form NTA and my green card was taken. The papers mentions that I am a GC holder for 10 years and also says "Alien". I am married to a U.S citizen and have 3 minor u.s citizen children (by birth).

I did meet with a immigration attorney to discuss my options. With my own research on Immi. law, I thought I would be eligible for the extreme hardship waiver or 212(h) waiver or the 7 year waiver.. Or any other waiver. Please let me know if I would fall within the guidelines for a waiver.

The immigration attorney said I might not qualify for the above waivers, as I was listed as a "Alien". Any truth to that? He also said, there might be a chance I might qualify for some type of waiver. He would check on it.Also the attorney said, I will have to build a asylum case if there is no waiver. I couldn't understand that part, because of my marriage to a u.S citizen and kids.

while on removal proceedings can I still renew my GC that is expiring in March 2018?
    Is foreign travel risky or not permitted while on removal hearing?

I have traveled extensively previously with the 3 misdemeanors on my record. I was wondering if immigration law has changed recently.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Default Re: Green Card Holder with a Notice to Appear

Consult other attorneys. Your situation is too complex for a forum. You cannot afford any mistakes.

Default Re: Green Card Holder with a Notice to Appear

Quote Quoting OKisNotOK
    View Post
    Consult other attorneys. Your situation is too complex for a forum. You cannot afford any mistakes.
    However until you have consulted attorneys, and they have told you that its safe to do so, do NOT travel outside of the US.

1. Sponsored Links