Default Can You Anonymously Find Out if Someone is Divorced in New Jersey

In NJ, is there a way to search public records to see if someone is divorced, without them being alerted to the search? For instance, if a divorce was completed in a particular county, say 2 years ago, does that get publicly posted anywhere?

I want to find out if two separate individuals are divorced. However, I only want to do this search if A) itís free, B) itís legal and C) itís anonymous. If it doesnít fit any of these parameters I wonít do it. I should add that I am currently a resident of PA, so if that causes any issues please let me know.

Also I would like to find out the criminal history of two separate people in NJ. So how would I go about searching for that information? Is it public? I want the same parameters to apply as above, I.e free, legal and anonymous.

Thanks in advance for any help. There are so many so-called background check sites but I donít trust them. If the information isnít public knowledge somehow, Iíll just go without. Thanks.

Default Re: Can You Anonymously Find Out if Someone is Divorced in New Jersey

Quote Quoting gardening123
    View Post
    In NJ, is there a way to search public records to see if someone is divorced, without them being alerted to the search? For instance, if a divorce was completed in a particular county, say 2 years ago, does that get publicly posted anywhere?
    Divorce records are public. Unless the divorce occurred a number of years ago, the records for that will be at the superior court clerkís office in the county where the divorce was done. You can look at the files for free, but if you want copies you have to pay for that. And it's anonymous in the sense that the court clerk wonít tell these people that you searched for the records. The bad news? Youíre likely to have to go the actual courthouse to do it, and that means travel there from PA for you.

Quote Quoting gardening123
    View Post
    Also I would like to find out the criminal history of two separate people in NJ. So how would I go about searching for that information? Is it public? I want the same parameters to apply as above, I.e free, legal and anonymous.
    Same answer for the criminal records. You go to the superior court clerk of each county to search the records. They are public and simply inspecting the records is free. If you want federal criminal information for free you need to visit the clerk for the federal district court where the case was prosecuted.

1. Sponsored Links