Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ask Family Member to Leave or Call the Police (Texas)

Quote Quoting Scubaduude
    View Post
    So I still do not have a right to ask them to leave even when they leave for a few days and go to their house and then come back to mine just to eat all my food and watch my TV? This is the typical day to day when they are here. They take any left overs and "doggie bags" to feed their dogs and then come back because the wife allows it. So I have no other option but to let it happen or leave?
    Of course you can ASK them to leave. But there is no legal requirement for them to do so.

Quote Quoting Scubaduude
    View Post
    So I still do not have a right to ask them to leave even when they leave for a few days and go to their house and then come back to mine just to eat all my food and watch my TV? This is the typical day to day when they are here. They take any left overs and "doggie bags" to feed their dogs and then come back because the wife allows it. So I have no other option but to let it happen or leave?
    Ok, so you don't have a legal option to get them out. Then it's time to play hardball. How bad you want them out will determine how far you are willing to go! They are coming and staying at your place because they can and you've made it comfortable for them to do it.

Some suggestions on the types of things I'd do in your situation:
    How do they get in if your wife it not there? Do you let them in, don't let them in. Do they have keys? Install deadbolts on the doors and when they can't get in just ignore them knocking/banging on the door. If they escalate and call the cops simply say "Oh, sorry I was sleeping/taking shower/in basement and didn't hear them knocking".

TV: When they are there do you remove the TV remote from the room and keep possession of it so they can't use it? Then you can keep turning off the TV on them or changing the channels.
    Get an exercise bike and as soon as they sit down to watch TV setup your exercise bike in front of the TV and start riding it in a thong(I wouldn't do it in the nude since there is a female present).
    Remove the cable from the wall to the TV or remove cable box.
    Crank your stereo while they are trying to watch TV or sleep in the livingroom.
    get up in the middle of the night and go into living room and watch TV while they are sleeping.

Food-
    Get a chain and lock up the fridge. Or get a handtruck and move the fridge to your room while they are there if it's not connected to a waterline.
    Drown any leftovers you have in the fridge with ghost pepper sauce.

You can't make them leave the house but you don't have to let them be comfortable and you don't have to let them use your stuff. Some of these ideas are taken to the extreme but that is just to show how far you might have to go. I think you get the point.

These will result in possibly 1 of 3 actions on their part:
    1. they will stop coming by when Mom isn't home.
    2. they will complain to Mom, which it sounds like wouldn't matter to you at this point.
    3. they try to complain to the cops. Most likely just like the deadbolts, the cops will probably tell you if you can't do what you are doing and leave it at that for the First time they come. You just avoid that action and move onto others from that point. Or they might just tell them that you can do that in your own home and if they don't like it they don't have to stick around for it.

Basically anyway you can make life at your place he11, do it!

While a bit excessive in my mind I don’t see a problem with most of it other than this:

Drown any leftovers you have in the fridge with ghost pepper sauce.
    that could result in criminal charges for the op. Never set traps for people. It can totally backfire on you.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    While a bit excessive in my mind I don’t see a problem with most of it other than this:

that could result in criminal charges for the op. Never set traps for people. It can totally backfire on you.
    But is it really a trap if I like Ghost pepper sauce on my foods? I'm not using a poison, just a condiment that I enjoy using and it's my leftovers and my fridge.

But as I mentioned most of these ideas are taken to the extreme to make the point that if he makes life at his house uncomfortable then it may cause a change in their behavior.

Quote Quoting yyz0
    View Post
    But is it really a trap if I like Ghost pepper sauce on my foods? I'm not using a poison, just a condiment that I enjoy using and it's my leftovers and my fridge.

But as I mentioned most of these ideas are taken to the extreme to make the point that if he makes life at his house uncomfortable then it may cause a change in their behavior.
    Well unless you can show you regularly sauced up your leftover stuff like that before this situation angered you, yes, it really is a trap.

Imagine how this might turn out if the kid has allergies/sensitivities to peppers. Do you think the police will accept the story you always do that, especially since they’ve been eating your leftovers long enough to get you angry enough to go to a legal advice forum to try to find s way to get them to stop eating your food?

it’s just best to stay away from the traps.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2