Default Can You Travel With an An Amendment Receipt on a H1B After a RFE

Hello All,

I have a H1B with my relocation amendment submitted and received an RFE.

My client is crazy about the delay, Can i travel with the amendment receipt number and what would be the challenges if travelling with an amendment receipt number, till November some of my colleagues have traveled with receipt number and now in the US,since December my employer allows travel only with an approval notice and raised under premium processing but received an RFE which is further causing delays. Can anyone suggest/comment on this ?

Your reply/comment is much appreciated and Thanks in Advance

-Carl

Default Re: Can You Travel With an An Amendment Receipt on a H1B After a RFE

You're speaking of travel in and out of the United States? Ideally you will be able to wait to travel until after the amendment is approved. If not, as it appears that this does not involve a change of employer, you may travel back to the U.S. by using your previous approval notice along with a copy of the H1B amendment receipt notice (that you will carry with you).

Thanks for the response Mr.Knowtail.

I am travelling for the first time from India to the US, my employer still remains the same but there is a change in my client. I was filed for Client A in x city and the relocation amendment is filed for y city in a different state with client B. Will there be issues in the POE.

Hi Carl,

I am in the same situation . What is your status now ? Please respond

Default Can You Travel with an an Amendment Receipt on a H1b After a RFE

Finally reached the US with an approved ammendment 6 weeks ago.
    Sorry for the delayed posts, thank you all for the conversations and responses that highly helped me. Never give up!!!

1. Sponsored Links