Default How to Find a Lawyer for a Civil Rights Case

I need a civil rights attorney capable of filing a two cause of action complaint in county court. The two complaints involve false arrest and refusal to perform ministerial duty. I prefer representation but will consider hiring an attorney willing to draft docs I could later file pro per. Keep in mind I’m only seeking $1 in damages. My goal is to accrue attorney’s fees, order against a municipality.

Default Re: Attorney Needed

You can call your state Bar Association, your local Legal Aide, or any law schools in your area, and they will be able to provide you with referrals. Recommendation: Call, do not email.

Quote Quoting Scoobysteven
    View Post
    I need a civil rights attorney capable of filing a two cause of action complaint in county court. The two complaints involve false arrest and refusal to perform ministerial duty. I prefer representation but will consider hiring an attorney willing to draft docs I could later file pro per. Keep in mind I’m only seeking $1 in damages. My goal is to accrue attorney’s fees, order against a municipality.
    If the goal is only to get attorney’s fees that is likely to draw the ire of the court should that become known; that’s wading into abuse of process territory. Be aware, too, that this may not play out like you think. In one case I'm familiar with the insurance carrier for the city promptly offered to pay the plaintiff his $1 + court filing fee to settle the case right after the plaintiff filed the complaint. The plaintiff refused, evidently wanting to punish the city by racking up legal fees. When the plaintiff ended up winning only the $1, the court refused to award the legal fees since those fees would not have been incurred had the plaintiff simply settled the lawsuit for the $1 at the start. Others here have already given you ideas for how to find an attorney so I’ll not repeat that here.

Considering the 'failure to perform ministerial duty' and 'order against a municipality', are you seeking a Mandamus action to force an official to obey a certain law?

Does it have to do with a refusal to produce records or some other statutory violation?

Quote Quoting JustANobody
    View Post
    Considering the 'failure to perform ministerial duty' and 'order against a municipality', are you seeking a Mandamus action to force an official to obey a certain law?

Does it have to do with a refusal to produce records or some other statutory violation?
    This thread is almost 3 months old and OP hasn't been back.

1. Sponsored Links