Default Arm Pain and Swelling After an Improperly Administered IV

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Ohio.

I was In the hospital from the 19th to the 23 in Dec. I have lots of stomach problems since 2013 and I'm still going through them, I really feel like the doctors just don't really care, why else would I still be going through this shit after all this time..... . I actually just applied for disability this last month. But this Dec visit I had iv's administered everyday in a bunch of different veins, and blood drawn everyday.

The left hand is my main concern. It is Jan 11th, and my vein is still hard, swollen, and hurts like hell. My concern is the nurse who was pushing that crap in my vein , I told her that it was burning like hell, and she just kept trying to push it in there, I think it was phengran, for my belly.

I have a doctor's appt Monday to see what's going on , but if there is something wrong with my hand/ arm, who would be responsible? I feel like it would be the nurse but I don't no. I also had an endoscopy where they busted my lip, I have pictures cause I've had them in the past and that's never happened.

Default Re: Medical Malpractice

Well there was a sort of legal question there.

I have a doctor's appt Monday to see what's going on , but if there is something wrong with my hand/ arm, who would be responsible?
    The answer to that would entirely depend on the what is wrong. And even if the something was caused by a nurse or doctor it doesn't mean that there is a malpractice case. Malpractice case are complex and very expensive.

Default Re: Arm Pain and Swelling After an Improperly Administered IV

Quote Quoting Wthsgoingon
    View Post
    My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Ohio.

I was In the hospital from the 19th to the 23 in Dec. I have lots of stomach problems since 2013 and I'm still going through them, I really feel like the doctors just don't really care, why else would I still be going through this shit after all this time..... . I actually just applied for disability this last month. But this Dec visit I had iv's administered everyday in a bunch of different veins, and blood drawn everyday.

The left hand is my main concern. It is Jan 11th, and my vein is still hard, swollen, and hurts like hell. My concern is the nurse who was pushing that crap in my vein , I told her that it was burning like hell, and she just kept trying to push it in there, I think it was phengran, for my belly.

I have a doctor's appt Monday to see what's going on , but if there is something wrong with my hand/ arm, who would be responsible? I feel like it would be the nurse but I don't no. I also had an endoscopy where they busted my lip, I have pictures cause I've had them in the past and that's never happened.
    Suffering after a medical procedure does NOT mean that there has been any malpractice. Sometimes ... stuff just happens. Really.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: Arm Pain and Swelling After an Improperly Administered IV

Some medications give a burning sensation as they are administered. The same thing applies to some dyes and other diagnostic testing tools. It is part of having these things done.

If you don't like you doctors. You need to change doctors. If your doctors found nothing wrong. You might want to consider going to a teaching hospital.

1. Sponsored Links