Angry Car Rental Company Won't Refund a Canceled, Prepaid Reservation

Hello, I placed a reservation through Sixt Rent A Car on November 17, 2017 and had to cancel the entire trip late last week. I paid the full amount of $304.20 via debit card at the time of the reservation. I am now trying to cancel the reservation, which is 3 weeks out, and Sixt will not refund a single penny back to me. I have contacted them multiple times via email and phone calls. They aren't even trying to resolve the problem. Yes, they do have this written in their policy but it isn't even on the checkout page. You have to dig deeper in order to find it. Thats wrong! And im not the only one going through this. There are reviews all over the internet about similar situations. Is there anything I can do here since they have performed ZERO services for me and they want to keep 100% of my money?

Default Re: Sixt Rent a Car Problems, Again

Lawsuit.

Whether you win or lose is anybody's guess.

Had you used a credit card instead of debit, you would have had a better chance of getting the charge reversed.

What US state are you in?

Default Re: Car Rental Company Won't Refund a Canceled, Prepaid Reservation

According to their site, "A prepaid booking can be cancelled before the start of the rental. In the event of a cancellation, any refund of the payment made towards the rental is subject to a cancellation fee. For reservations with a rental period lasting no more than three days, the total prepaid amount is non-refundable. For reservations with a rental period lasting more than three days: The first three days are non-refundable, the remaining days will be refunded."

Yes, they do have this written in their policy but it isn't even on the checkout page. You have to dig deeper in order to find it.
    And I'll bet you dollars to donuts that you also had to check a box that said you read an agreed to that policy before they took your money.

Quote Quoting scanderson
    View Post
    Is there anything I can do here since they have performed ZERO services for me and they want to keep 100% of my money?
    If the contract for the rental specified no refunds for cancellation then the answer is very likely no. The fact that you did not make use of the rental does not change that.

Quote Quoting scanderson
    View Post
    Is there anything I can do here since they have performed ZERO services for me and they want to keep 100% of my money?
    They are following the agreement made at the time you made the reservation.

If no refund is what you signed for, then go and get the vehicle that you picked out and use the hell out of it for the specific time frame.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links