Default Missed Court but No Warrant Issued After Two Months

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado

Long story short I got arrested on two felony counts of fraud in September 2016. I was released in October and was supposed to go to court early December. However, I'm not from Colorado and since I lost literally everything (car, forms of ID, clothes, money, etc) I had no choice but to go back to my home state. Since I was unemployed around the time my court date came around I told my pretrial officer that I would not be able to appear and asked to reschedule. They never replied back and just assumed they issued a bench warrant. Going into the new year I looked to see if I had any warrants but nothing in my name ever popped up. I've also called the district clerk and they said no warrant. Is there any way to find out whether I really have a warrant or not or were my charges dropped?

Default Re: Missed Court but No Warrant Issued After Two Months

I'm assuming you meant 2017?

They aren't just going to drop 2 felonies, especially when the suspect has chosen to fail to appear and flee the jurisdiction. It's possible the warrant issue was overlooked or your case was set aside to concentrate on other things for now. There's always going to be a chance that someone will notice and warrant issued for your arrest.

Default Re: Missed Court but No Warrant Issued After Two Months

Quote Quoting ejohnson254
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado

Long story short I got arrested on two felony counts of fraud in September 2016. I was released in October and was supposed to go to court early December. However, I'm not from Colorado and since I lost literally everything (car, forms of ID, clothes, money, etc) I had no choice but to go back to my home state. Since I was unemployed around the time my court date came around I told my pretrial officer that I would not be able to appear and asked to reschedule. They never replied back and just assumed they issued a bench warrant. Going into the new year I looked to see if I had any warrants but nothing in my name ever popped up. I've also called the district clerk and they said no warrant. Is there any way to find out whether I really have a warrant or not or were my charges dropped?
    Yes. Walk into a police station in the state the charges were filed and say exactly what you wrote here. They would most likely be pleased to verify whether there is a warrant outstanding or not.

The easier way is research the court records in the actual court this was filed. There will be a file where the disposition or current status will be listed.

Dont count on a search for a warrant or the clerks statement as being authoritative b

1. Sponsored Links