Default How Long Can a Person Sit in Jail Before Being Given a Revocation Hearing

My question involves criminal law for the state of: is there a statute of limitations on how long a person can sit in jail and not be given a revocation hearing? My father has sit in jail almost 7 months and now that his lawyer is working on getting a bond they finally served him with papers for a revocation hearing January 23,2018....this is Gilmer County, GA but I have read on other post that counties in Atlanta only have 45 days to give a revocation hearing...

Default Re: How Long Can a Person Sit in Jail Before Being Given a Revocation Hearing

Is he in custody solely on the violation or was he picked up on another charge?

Did he have any court appearances between the time he was taken into custody and now? If so, what was the outcome of those appearances?

Default Re: How Long Can a Person Sit in Jail Before Being Given a Revocation Hearing

Is this a parole or probation violation?

1. Sponsored Links