Default Whose Parenting Time is It if Your Ex- Leaves the Children With Family Members

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

I have 2 children ages 9 and 11. We have share custody of them but there mom doesn't follow the order much. She pretty much does as she pleases. The kids are with me on my time but the rest of the time she will leave them with my parents and brothers and gets them when she wants. I cant get them during the week after school but I take them to school every morning and have them on the weekends. Why is this considered her time? And how can this time be taken from her?

Default Re: Whose Parenting Time is It if Your Ex- Leaves the Children With Family Members

The time is considered to be her parenting time because that's what the child custody order provides.

If you want to modify the order based upon the fact that she doesn't personally exercise that time, you will need to go back to court and convince the court to modify the order.

Default Re: Whose Parenting Time is It if Your Ex- Leaves the Children With Family Members

Quote Quoting jrcapy
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

I have 2 children ages 9 and 11. We have share custody of them but there mom doesn't follow the order much. She pretty much does as she pleases. The kids are with me on my time but the rest of the time she will leave them with my parents and brothers and gets them when she wants. I cant get them during the week after school but I take them to school every morning and have them on the weekends. Why is this considered her time? And how can this time be taken from her?
    Who she chooses to have around the kids during her time is her choice - what if you had to leave your kids with your parents or her parents during your time? Should she react as you do? You can go to court and try to modify the order.

Be aware, however, that your filing will likely result in her finding other arrangements.

1. Sponsored Links