My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

When I was 17 I was charged with burglary of a vehicle. It's been 8 years since then. I want to join the military, and i understand it's hard especially in my situation. I want to get a waiver for my criminal record. I know i still might not get in the military. But i have to try.
Please help me and advise me.