Default What Shows Up on a Fingerprint Background Check from an Expunged Juvenile Record

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Oregon

So When I was 13, I was charged with distribution of marijuana within 1000 feet of school grounds, it was a one time thing where the juvenile court decided to sent me to one class and then the charges were dismissed. I then received a DUII charge when I was 17 and completed diversion as well. I recently had the distribution charge expunged from my juvenile record.

Because I'm going into dentistry school, they will conduct a Fingerprint background check. I'm mainly worried about the distribution charge showing up on the fingerprint background check.

But because I had the charge expunged, will it still show up on the background check? I've been hearing a lot of contradiction on the internet whether or not it will, so I felt the need to ask you guys. Thank you.

Default Re: What Shows Up on a Fingerprint Background Check from an Expunged Juvenile Record

It depends on who is doing the background check. The FBI, prosecutors office or DA could see the expunged charge, but other then them, no one can see it.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Default Re: What Shows Up on a Fingerprint Background Check from an Expunged Juvenile Record

And, not all juvenile records are reported to a state criminal offender database. Many juvenile records can only be found through a local search. This can vary by the nature of the offense and the jurisdiction. Even if it does still appear on a criminal offender record, if the offense is not a disqualifying offense for becoming a dentist, the school is not likely to see it in the return they'd get. The fact that it was "expunged" makes it much less likely that they will see it absent some error.

To find out what your criminal offender record says about yourself, follow this link from the Oregon State Police:

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/ID/docs/Co...uest090716.pdf
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links