Default Hit by a Driver Under the Influence

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Ky

Last year, I was rear ended by a driver who was under the influence of drugs. He was arrested and taken to the local hospital where he refused a blood test and was then sent to jail.

I was at a red light when he hit me, going approximately 50mph. I hit the car in front of me, they hit the car in front of them. It totaled my car.

At the time, I got an instant pain in my stomach and upper back. I went to the ER, they did X-ray and CT scans, but the only thing they found was soft tissue damage to upper back.

I started hurting in my upper back for weeks. I saw my GP who referred me to PT. At this time, I contacted a lawyer at the advice of friends.

I went to PT 1-2 times a week from Jan until Aug (I didn't go one month because of a medical insurance issue). He released me since the pain finally started to subside. It still hurts time to time though. I've had to get regular massages since then too. I also got an MRI per the physical therapists recommendation, which came back normal. I don't understand how things are showing normal when I hurt.

My lawyer has kept me out of the loop on most things. When I call, he doesn't answer. When I do talk to him, he says he's waiting on all of my medical records. I've asked him one time how much compensation I should receive and he said that's unknown right now.

I have about 32k in medical bills (X-ray, CT, doctor visits, PT for 6 months). How much should I roughly ask for?

Default Re: Hit by a Driver Under the Influence

Last year, I was rear ended
    What's the exact date of the accident?

You have only ONE YEAR from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. See Title 36, 413.140(1)(a):

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=45512

Once the year is up, you'll be forever barred from suing. Without the ability to sue, you get nothing.

HAS YOUR LAWYER FILED A LAWSUIT YET?

I have about 32k in medical bills (X-ray, CT, doctor visits, PT for 6 months). How much should I roughly ask for?
    There is absolutely no way anybody can estimate to a degree that would do you any good to know. Too many variables.

If your lawyer is waiting on your medical records, contact all your providers and make sure you GO TO their offices, talk to the records clerk and make sure they get sent.

What's the exact date of the accident?

I ask that again because it's critical for you to know whether time is running out.

1. Sponsored Links