Default Accused of Stealing an Item I Took Into a Store

My question involves criminal law for the province of B.C.

in November I went into save on foods with a face scrub I had as I wanted to get some other matching items to put Christmas gift baskets together this year. After realizing how much (expensive) they were and I only had cash on me I decided not to get them yet and shop around. I put my face scrub back into my purse and finished my shopping only a few items. Left the shop and next thing I know some guy chasing me down yelling at me to return to the shop cause he thinks I’ve stolen beauty products.

Well me knowing it’s mine and no way to prove it I knew how it looked. For years I also worked as a under cover officer and have Hurd it all myself of how insistent every is when caught so I knew no matter what I would say I was going to be accused. I also suffer from PDSD. From the military and past abuse from men and don’t like to be confronted my men especially strangers I keep to myself. I have anger issues and was scared of he got to close I would react and hurt him and get into even more trouble for assault which I would be guilty of.

Knowing the item of mine he clearly thought was from the shop I just threw it at him hoping he stay away and not confront me my husband saw him chasing me in the parking lot and drive up to get me. A month later I got a letter in the post saying I have to pay$300 for the cost of time and items I did t take but also going in and out of the courts as a child from sexual abuse from my Father I have a fobia of court and crowds so instead of disputing it I called and paid it to go away to avoid more stress and anxiety attack. I know it looks worse from here end but when I’ve been through so much I just wanted it to go away. Even celebrities pay off flaw charges for them to go away and avoid the press and courts I didn’t think it was any different.

When i paid he charge they said they close the clame I was happy. But today another month after the police are now calling my husband looking for me. I dont know what to do. Will they think by paying the money I was accepting responsibility for the item which was mine to begin with. I think I made everything worse and my anxiety through he roof. I don’t want to go to jail or loose my job and family just because I can’t coap with men and Courts.

Default Re: Accused of Stealing an Item I Took Into a Store

I’m sorry but this site focuses on law in the U.S. That said, your best bet is likely to contact a criminal defense lawyer to advise you. The lawyer can tell you what is going on and tell you how best to deal with it.

I agree with Taxing that you really need to consult with an attorney in Canada. At this point, your claim that you brought the item into the store and did not steal it isn’t going to be believed by anyone. Every single thing you have done after leaving the store works to make you look guilty and diminishes your credibility.

Even if I accept your claim about the disputed item on faith, I still find myself very skeptical of your credibility. For example, your claim of:
    Quote Quoting Britishchick
    View Post
    For years I also worked as a under cover officer and have Hurd it all myself
    Seems to directly contradict your claims to justify your really poor choices:
    View Post
    I…don’t like to be confronted my men especially strangers I keep to myself. I have anger issues and was scared of he got to close I would react and hurt him and get into even more trouble for assault which I would be guilty of.
    View Post
    I have a fobia of court and crowds
    View Post
    I don’t want to go to jail or loose my job and family just because I can’t coap with men and Courts.
    How can someone work “for years” as an “under cover officer,” yet be so mentally fragile that she cannot interact with men, cannot abide crowds, has a penchant for uncontrollable physical assault if someone gets too close to her, and a phobia (spell check is your friend) of being in a courtroom? Sorry, but I’m really having a hard time with finding anything you say credible.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

View Post
    I just threw it at him
    Maybe you're about to be charged with assault.

1. Sponsored Links