Default Can You Still Sue for Personal Injury if You Settle Your Case

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Pennsylvania. I was in a motor vehicle accident on August 1st of this year (2016) and have since hired a personal injury lawyer who filed a claim against the insurance companies of both vehicle owners involved and have already received a settlement based on the insurance cap of both companies. I have been told that my injuries are likely worth more than the amount of money I have received but that based on the amount of money these two people have, taking the case to court would not be wise. I just wanted to get a second opinion/more advice.

My injuries were a concussion and nine broken bones in arm, several in knee/leg and two surgeries. I am now having back problems that my doctor thinks are related to the recent accident. I'd be happy to provide any further information.

Default Re: Is It Possible And/or Likely to Successfully Sue for Injuries After First Settlem

You say you recieved a settlement. That is exactly what it says it is: a payment to settle your claims against the at fault party. Unless the insurance providers really screwed up you signed a release releasing the at fault party from all future claims.

Btw, this year is 2017, not 2016 like you stated.

I was in a motor vehicle accident on August 1st of this year (2016)

Default Re: Is It Possible And/or Likely to Successfully Sue for Injuries After First Settlem

Agree with JK. A release means that you don't ever get any more money from the other drivers or their insurance company.

One thing you might do is check with your lawyer about the possibility of additional benefits with your own Underinsured Motorists coverage. It's a long shot so don't get your hopes up.

1. Sponsored Links