Default Florida Has My Driver's License and Won't Give It Back

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Florida. I was a Florida resident in Orlando for roughly 25 years in the course of that time I was in and out of trouble nothing like really major but it was pretty bad and I did my time for all of them although I was ordered restitution among other things but the only reason that they suspended my license was because I never paid the restitution mainly because I did the time for it and being so young then not realizing that they were pretty much bending me over a barrel I agree to it because I just wanted to hurry up and get out of jail also as young as I was not realizing that I had to pay them all that money back my question is there a loophole is there some way that I can get my driver's license back without having to pay all that money I did the time for it years ago and I Know It kind of sounds stupid but I mean they got me for my time that was roughly a couple of years when all said and done and I feel that I have paid my debt and the bank that it concerned no longer exist so I have to wonder can I get my license back do I have any ground to stand on in this particular matter

Default Re: Florida Has My Driver's License and Won't Give It Back

No. Doing "time" doesn't wipe out the obligation for restitution. You're not getting your license back in Florida or any other state until you pay that and you go through the reinstatement process.

Quote Quoting whereswaldo81
    View Post
    ...I Know It kind of sounds stupid...
    Yes, you're right it does.

Pay what you owe and then you can legally drive again. There is no other way.

I feel that I have paid my debt
    You haven't.

and the bank that it concerned no longer exist
    Doesn't matter. The money can go to the state.

so I have to wonder can I get my license back do I have any ground to stand on in this particular matter
    Probably not, but feel free to consult an attorney and review your options.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Doesn't matter. The money can go to the state.
    Or a successor company or whoever may have bought the obligation.

1. Sponsored Links