Hybrid View

Default Solicitation of a Prostitute in Minnesota

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Minnesota

I was charged with solication of a prostitute in public place(hotel) gross misdemeanor. It was a sting operation. The only evidence is few texts and forth. First offense since I have clean record. nver broke the law or come close to it...Is it Good idea to hire private attorney or public defender. And is there a jail time for this offense for first offende? Any chance of winning this or settle for plea agrement.

Default Re: Solicitation of Prostitute

If you can afford to hire a private attorney, you likely won't qualify for a public defender. Consulting an attorney would be the least you should do since you are facing a criminal charge.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    If you can afford to hire a private attorney, you likely won't qualify for a public defender. Consulting an attorney would be the least you should do since you are facing a criminal charge.
    Thanks...I will....Is there jail time for this?

Quote Quoting Jamesron
    View Post
    Thanks...I will....Is there jail time for this?
    Highly unlikely unless prostitution is a big issue in your area, in which case prosecutors might try and make examples of people. Probably just a combination of fines, court costs and probation. A defense attorney in the area would be familiar with the likely outcome.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Highly unlikely unless prostitution is a big issue in your area, in which case prosecutors might try and make examples of people. Probably just a combination of fines, court costs and probation. A defense attorney in the area would be familiar with the likely outcome.
    The 2 private Attorney’s I talked to, right away away said that “ I can assure you now that you won’t face jail time for this” right way when consulting..by I was I reading news article saying; man pleaded guilty and was sentenced 90 days of jail time”... that got me confused. Is it because he has prior records? MAybe I guess

The statute is 609.324 and it looks like as a first offense, gross misdemeanor, you only have to pay a fine of at least $1,500 and no jail time but possibly community service.

1. Sponsored Links