Quote Quoting llworking
View Post
Re-read the initial post. The company did not cooperate with the prosecutor (most likely because the company knew darned well that they had no grounds to have the OP arrested) and the DA dismissed the case. It was also the Director of HR that called the police and made the accusation, and I would guess that the Director of HR did not really have the authority to do that...which likely contributed to the lack of cooperation as well.

However, my real question to Free9man was what factor makes a card a company card when it was obtained in the name of the person, using the credit of the person, and is billed personally to the person at their address? Free9man stated that there are company cards that work that way, and I am asking what factor is it that makes them company cards? I have simply never heard of something like that.
So what? It would never have gotten to a stage where subpoenas were issued if it was so easily shown the account was owned by the op.

And a complainant does nkt have a person arrested. A complainant or victim files a complaint or report. At that point whether the police can even arrest the person doubtful. It most often has to be presented to a court, either by the police or the prosecutor (and this sort of case is almost assuredly going to be referred to the prosecutor by the police) where a warrant to arrest the person is issued, if there is probable cause shown. Most prosecutors are not going to seek an arrest warrant without some valid support for a complainants statement. If the employer refused to cooperate from the get go it’s mkst likely a prosecutor would never file charges and seek a warrant for their arrest.