Threaded View

Default Former Employer Knowingly Filed a False Police Report Resulting in Employee's Arrest

My question involves civil rights in the State of:

I was arrested after the Director of HR filed a complaint with the Sherrifs Department for allegedly stealing a company credit card that was in my name, obtained based on my credit. The card and bill sent to my home. I paid the bill and I was only reimbursed for work related items. When I obtained the card, I signed a policy acknowledging the company was not liable for any personal charges.

The company filed the complaint then refused to assist the DA in the prosecution ignoring subpoenas, after a year of losing my job (cop showed up on my job to talk to my new boss not me and I was subsequently fired, losing my car, inability to pay my bills the DA dismissed the one charge of grand theft completely. The detective that arrested me did not read me my rights and lied in the charging document. I also did not admit to wrongdoing as stated in same document. Had Detective called the credit card company they would have told him it was my card and I was responsible for all payments as evidenced by DA discovery. I have been unable to obtain any work since being arrested.

I am a licensed nurse. In my resignation letter I threatened to sue for the rampant racial discrimination I experienced in a minority owned company.

1. Sponsored Links