My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Washington

This is a brief overview of my mental health history:

At sixteen, following suicide of close family member, threats of divorce from close family members, etc:

• non-suicidal self-harm (2-3x)
  • "planned" suicide attempt

Discussion with mental health professionals concluded this was a result of circumstance, not mental illness. Basically, it was for attention because my family wasn't addressing the loss. None of this is recorded anywhere, but I will disclose.

At eighteen:

• non-suicidal self-harm (multiple times)
  • diagnosis of suicidal ideation
  • diagnosis of clinical depression
  • 2 ER trips (no suicide attempts), recorded as depression & suicidal ideation/superficial lacerations (respectively)
  • Took 3x dose of antidepressants (non-suicidal confirmed by psych)

Most of this occurred before I had medical help at all, and was dealing with a few comorbid medical issues severely impacting my health (which are now treated). I have not attempted suicide, been hospitalized or involuntarily committed. I am on medication and completely stable out of therapy. Per my psych's evaluation, I'm resilient, good at handling stress and no longer depressed.

I realize this all looks bad for my prospects of becoming an LEO, but I am determined not to let a few unstable years as a teen block me out from a dream job. What's listed above is representative of a very small part of my life and I do not have a pattern of impulse control issues.

I have no criminal history, no traffic violations and have passed state/federal background checks for access to CJIS. My employment and academic records are strong and steady.

I fully intend to disclose everything I have listed; honesty and integrity is important to me. My question is what would be the best way to address this history with agencies, and for the background investigators out there, what would you want to see to reduce liability concerns?

Thank you in advance for your time.